Tuesday 3 August 2010

Bradwell Fell Race


Last night I did the Bradwell Fell Race. Ive never done this one before and that is possibly because I normally dont race the week leading up to the Borrowdale Race. I was itching to have a run though so I dashed across the Peak District to the Samuel Fox Inn near the sports ground. The race runs very quickly through the village and climbs very sharply up onto the moor at the top. With such a fast run to the fellside it was a walk run technique as I neared the top of the climb. A quick blast over the moor with brilliant views of Win Hill, Lose Hill and the ridge over to Mam Tor. Then the rapid descent back down to the playing field. The track down to the rough part of the descent was hard on my legs but as soon as I got onto the short rough part I felt much better. I leapt the cattle grid as I always do if I come to one in a race and ran into the finish funnel after a lap of the playing field to finish 9th place. Happy with that and Im guessing about 28minutes all in all. A lovely race and labelled at 750ft for just over 4.5miles.

Back at the van and Ive run out of my favourite Caramel Lattes. I did brew up a trusty sachet of good old kenco but it needed at least 25 extra sachets of milk to make it drinkable.
A great night and again no chips on the way home

2 comments:

  1. Great run Daz, really good to meet you. Well done on 9th. Great pics too mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that your tea monster face ;)

    ReplyDelete