Thursday 16 September 2010

Chevin Fell race

David Denton was 70 years old on Mon and although I had done the Yorkshireman race the day before I thought it would be nice to go and support David. My legs didnt seem to bad and as the Chevin race is only about 4 something miles I intended to just plod round and have a drink in the Pub afterwards. Well I felt okay on the start and raced it. I came 4th and was 1st Vet 40.
David organisers loads of races every year and has devoted lots of his time over the years to the sport. Without people like him we would have no races to run, simple as that.
So I hope he carries on for many more years to come as his Fell Races are very special. Many Fell running first timers have come into the sport through either a Shining Cliffs, Chevin or a Bradbourne fell race.
Well done David and happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment