Tuesday 1 February 2011

Tigger Tor Fell Race

Yet another new race for me. The Totley Fell Races run from the Sheffield Tigers Rugby Club and although Ive done some of them I had not done this one before. At 10 miles and 1700ft it would provide a nice early season test. On the way to the race I passed dozens of bikies on the roads around Hathersage and it left me thinking that it would have been a nice day to do a hundred mile ride as the wind was minimal and it as a dry day. But the pull of the Fell Races is always there and I arrived in plenty of time for registration.
A good few of my Pennine teammates had also made the trip and it as good to see a couple of friends that I had not seen since last year.
Wel the race went well for me simply because I pushed at the start to stay with some of the front Dark Peak lads. I was a bit unsure of the route and must admit used there knowledge a little on the route.
I crossed the line in 1hr 8 mins ish for 7th place just narrowly missing out on 5th position but I couldnt keep with the two Dark Peak lads at the end.
A good race though and I will take that. Along with Shining Cliffs thats a good start to my 2011campaign. Still upping my bike mileage though and have cut back on the running although Badger did make me run 10 miles on Monday night after the race on Sunday.
Def will do this race again

No comments:

Post a Comment