Monday 4 July 2011

Moel Siabod

A trip to North Wales on Saturday for the Moel Siabod race. I dont get over to many Welsh Fell races but they do have some classic ones. This race suited me as apart from the track to the fellside it was pretty rocky in places. Run in conjunction with the Capel Curig Fete it made for a great day. This was a Pennine championship race and I do often wonder if it wasn't for our championship would we ever visit these races.
It was a simple run on paper up to the summit of Moel Siabod but on a scorching hot day it proved to be very hard. I jumped straight into the river after the race as I was that exhausted. I just managed to get 1st vet 40 back and win a prize.
There was some great performances from the Pennine runners. We picked up maybe 4 or 5 prizes and its good to see such a big turnout. Capel Curig is a long way for a lot of our members to travel. There was chance to stay at the Hut over the valley and quite a few members either ran or walked over from the climbing hut.
Fantastic. We have a good few new members as well who are starting to get better and better at this fellrunning game.





Pictures by Alaistair Tye who takes some amazing fell running photograph's. When I see him I will give him a couple of quid for these two of me.
Def need to do more races over there. Why can't Snowdonia be a bit nearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment