Monday 17 October 2011

FRA Relays Kettlewell

The village of Kettlewell was the venue for this years Relays and Pennine had four teams turning out. An Open, Ladies, Vets and a Vet 50 team.
Full results can be found on the FRA site.
Now I have turned 40 I was picked for the Vet team and was allocated Leg 4. Just a simple run up to Great Whernside summit via Hag Dyke scout camp. Easy really. No it was hard.
There was roughly 190 teams competing which means your going to come across some of the real class fellrunners.
I managed about 43minutes on my leg which gave 21st place on the day. Could I have pushed harder. Not really. Not sure what position I was in the Vets on the leg as I have not got around to that yet. Maybe 3rd or 4th, who knows.
We came 6th Vets team which was pretty good and id manage to overall a couple of teams which is always nice.
Hopefully I can continue to be a part of the relays for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment