Sunday 1 April 2012

Causey Pike Fell Race


This race has eluded me for several years. It was time to do it. The Causey Pike Fell Race is a classic short Lakeland Up and Down.
You leave Stair village hall and after running up the short road section you hit the fellside. As quick as you can you ascend Rowling End and then head up the track up to Causey Pike summit. Your legs should be screaming at the top, and they was. After a short run long the ridge you turn sharp right and then blast back down to the miners track and then its all out back down to Stair. I was going as fast as I could and all too soon the finish came.
I was happy with 13th. There were some seriously fast runners in the line up and not being the fastest of starters I was pleased to come that high up.
Its a cracking race and I will certainly do it again. I'm told it was a record turnout his year.
Cakes and Tea in the hall afterwards. Perfect weather.
No wonder I love the Lake District.



Causey Pike
Not the highest lakeland fell, but by god you know you have raced up and down it.
The picture of me was taken by Paul Dobson

No comments:

Post a Comment