Saturday 23 June 2012

The bowl

That is the bowl I won last night at Tideswell. Maybe it is the same as yours Marvin. I am told hand made by local potter Chris Jensen. Very nice. It is sitting in the cabinet along with a few other pieces.
One thing is certain in Fellracing. You never quite know what you are going to win and if you keep at it long enough you can build up quite a little collection of memories.
But I am always mindful that I am lucky to be in a position of winning a few bits and bobs. Some fell runners never win anything at all but they are just as special and important in the races that I do.
Every runner that takes part in a fell race is as special as the next.
One of the things that I have always liked to do after finishing is to go and clap the runners in who are finishing behind me. You see it less and less nowadays but I have always done this. It is very important to me to acknowledge all who take part.
I have even given prizes away.
One of the things that has always griped me in certain races is when the Ladies don't get the same amount of prizes as the men. I have raced when the first ten men get a prize and only the first three ladies get one.
I don't like that. Never have and never will.
Yes I suppose more men take part in your average race, but so what.
I could go on
Anyway its a nice bowl. Not many of us have one
And another bizarre statistic is maybe there is only 1 Bob Graham partnership that has a bowl a piece.
Hope so. That would be special.


4 comments:

  1. Yep, they're pretty much the same, although mine says 2007 on it rather than 1012.

    Well a two-bowl BG partnership, that's an interesting fact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Daz. Keep at it. Always enjoy reading your write ups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your very encouraging remarks when we mid-packers write-up a race report on the Penning blog

    ReplyDelete