Tuesday 4 September 2012

Ben Nevis Race

 

 

The Ben Nevis race is a special one. I try my hardest every time I do it but this year I knew on the way down the road I would not be as strong as last year. I had not done the same amount of training and as soon as I started to climb i could feel it in my legs. The weather on the upper part of the mountain was very windy and by the time I handed the summit marshal my tag I was frozen. I couldnt descend like I normally do and the wet rocks didnt help matters and by the time I pulled out of the beck to start the final run down the lower slopes my legs were gone.
I made a mistake going down one of the shortcuts on the path and was glad to see the finish field.
1 hr 46 something.
Some fantastic performances from the Penniners that travelled up.
The weather was not great but it was a brilliant weekend.
My good friend Andy Fleet managing to win the Under 23 prize. I was made up for him.
Well done Fleeter.
So I will be back next year to try it all again.
The Ben Nevis Race as usual lived up to all its expectations.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment